We watched “Oz the Great and Powerful” yesterday and although I wasn’t that impressed with the story but I totally enjoyed the colorful scenes, funny acts and of course glamorous fashion of the three beautiful witches. Inspired by that, I thought it would be fun to find fashion related to each character. So we have the girly girl, the elegant and the mysterious goth. Not sure which one is your favorite but I hope you like them three!
1. Glinda (played by Michelle Williams).
I can’t help it but to fall in love with Michelle Williams in this movie. I created this radiant look based on her character as Glinda, the good witch. Glinda wears only delicate and natural colors such as white, silver with lots of lace, beads, feathers and of course sequins. I think this graceful silk-organza dress from Alice + Olivia represents it beautifully. I paired it with a simple yet stunning floral clutch from Kotur & to complete the overall look, I just had to include Jimmy Choo as the foundation. For make up, she used a lot of soft glitter that makes her look so angelic. Thus, the glitter dust from Make Up Forever and Clinique are on the line. As a final touch, Kenneth Jay Lane comes next with his simple yet gorgeous floral earrings.
1. Alice + Olivia Gwen Embellished Dress. US$997.
2. Kenneth Jay Lane Cubic Zirconia Floral Earrings. US$120.
3. Make Up Forever Iridescent White Glitter. US$14.
4. Clinique Frosty Soft Pink. US$15.
5. Kotur Floral Box Clutch. US$395.
6. Jimmy Choo Flick Embellished Leather Pumps. US$1,150.
2. Evanora (played by Rachel Weisz).
Even though her role in the movie was cold and mean but in my opinion, she has the best-looking dress. Wearing a good combination of green and black, Rachel Weisz looks absolutely stunning. Evanora’s dress is mostly lace with excellent beaded-sequins combined with feathers and silk. For this look, I chose Erickson Beamon’s US$3,135 dress. I know, crazy price, but look how amazing it is. Made out of green silk adorned with classic Swarovski crystals and lace trim, you just can’t take your eyes off this beauty. To keep it simple but nice, the 4-inch heels from Dolce & Gabbana and glitter box clutch from Anya Hindmarch come to mind. For the final touch, I added shiny onyx cuff from Bounkit & refreshing yet delightful eye-colors from Urban Decay and Dolce & Gabbana.
1. Erickson Beamon Feather Trimmed Silk Dress. US$3,135.
2. Dolce & Gabbana Smooth Eyeshadow Quad Elegance 150. US$59.
3. Bounkit 24 Karat Onyx Cuff. US$605.
4. Anya Hindmarch Glitter Box Clutch. US$750.
5. Urban Decay Heavy Metal Stagedive. US$18.
6. Dolce & Gabbana Bow Slingbacks. US$995.
3. Theodora (played by Mila Kunis).
Being used and tricked by her sister, Evanora, I have high compassion towards Theodora. This collage is inspired by her look after she was changed into a cold-hearted witch. Mysterious with a little touch of goth, this dress from Dolce & Gabbana is more than just your daily LBD. Tagged at US$3,445, it is made of fine looking tulle and shaped into corset style, giving you the hourglass illusion. I added a unique looking clutch from Bottega Veneta because I simply like the leather that makes it edgy but still highly fashionable. For the make up, I need to thank Urban Decay for creating this special edition set “Theodora Palette”. Everything you need to re-create that look can be found in this special edition. For the soles, I decided to go classic with Christian Loubotin’s leather pumps. Theodora loves the color red, so I think it would only be fair if I add a touch of glitter red around the neck. This charming crystal heart necklace from Lanvin is a perfect companion for this flawless elegance.
1. Dolce & Gabbana Ruffled Tulle Dress. US$3,445.
2. Lanvin Crystal Heart Necklace. US$1,790.
3. Urban Decay Theodora Palette. US$49.
4. Bottega Veneta Fringed Leather Clutch. US$970.
5. Christian Louboutin Decollete Pumps. US$625.